Over the coming weeks, the giveaways will be grand and therefore, we figured that we should get things underway in a large fashion in hopes that you will embrace us, share what we are doing and if nothing else, enter to win some free shit… some of which will make you yearn with hope for a win, while one is just downright ridiculous, to the point that we should probably see a shrink before announcing the item(s) included.
It all began on Wednesday, with Warren Wednesday, through ________ Monday, 10/22/12 there will be a contest announced.
Each contest will recognize some of our most favorite guitarists. In most cases, names will coincide with days of the week. In one, it won’t, but the fact that we were celebrating guitarists overtook the desire to be cute… and any Honest Tune celebration of guitarists will always include the person whose name simply doesn’t fit with a day.
One word to the wise before beginning: READ EVERYTHING AND FOLLOW ALL CONTEST RULES in today’s contest, whether it be Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Monday.
Each contest will have its own set of requirements for entry, with some being only slightly different and one being entirely different. So please, for your sake, pay attention to everything you fill out and/or complete all steps in regards to what you are asked to do in order for your entry to be valid*.
Thursday | Day 2 of 5
For Warren Haynes Wednesday, click HERE
What you are playing for…
1) One GRAND PRIZE winner will walk away with:
Â» One (1) new copy of the new Trey Anastasio album, Traveler.
Â» One (1) autographed Traveler promo lithograph.
Â» One (1) mp3 copy of Jennifer Hartswick‘s new album, Ocean Floor.
Â» One (1) copy of Van Ghost’s Domino Effect EP (CD) and two (2) T-shirts (sized XL & ladies S).
For anyone whose head may be in the clouds, Jennifer Hartswick is a member of Trey’s band and she kicks ass.
Van Ghost is:
- Michael Harrison Berg â€“ vocals, guitars
- Jennifer Hartswick â€“ vocals
- Grant Tye â€“ guitar
- Greg Marsh â€“ drums
- Klem Hayes â€“ bass
2) One first place winner will walk away with:
Â» One (1) new copy of the new Trey Anastasio album, Traveler.
An image gallery of the goods is towards the very bottom of this page…
How to enter…
This is a social media contest***. Therefore, there will be 2 steps that you will have to complete so that your entry will be valid. There will also be an optional third step that will gain you a bonus entry, should you opt to fulfill that obligation.
1) Log into your Facebook and/or Twitter account(s)
2) Be sure that you are a “fan” of Honest Tune Magazine (NOT JUST A FRIEND OF HONEST TUNE) on Facebook and/or a “follower” of @HonestTuneMag on Twitter.
Honest Tune Magazine on Facebook
@HonestTuneMag on Twitter
3) Be sure that you are a fan* of Trey Anastasio, Jennifer Hartswick and Van Ghost on Facebook and/or a follower of @Trey Anastasio and @iamvanghost on Twitter.
*IMPORTANT: At last count, there were six Trey Anastasio “friend” pages and three “fan” pages on Facebook. Be sure that you are a fan of the page that is linked above. Further, being Jennifer Hartswick’s friend, in real life or on Facebook, is a beautiful thing. However, in this case it won’t amount to much. Please be sure that you are a “fan” of the page linked above. The same goes for Twitter, where there are several Trey pages as well.
4) This is probably the most important part of the entry process and definitely the most often incorrectly done art. In the past there have been times that we have been somewhat lax. However, in fairness to everyone, this will definitely not be one of those times because as you will see over the next five days, the stakes are too high for this series of contests for us to stray from the rules and regs.
Please carefully review the next two sections and complete one or both of them.
â–º For Facebook users…
Â» Complete the following process….
â˜¼ First, type the following as your status on Facebook: I just entered to win Trey Anastasio, Jennifer Hartswick and Van Ghost stuff from Honest Tune Magazine.
â™«â™ª Important: You must “tag” both Trey Anastasio, Jennifer Hartswick, Van Ghost and Honest Tune Magazine. To tag, simply place the “@” symbol in front of the pages as you type. (ex. @Warren Haynes)— DO NOT COPY AND PASTE and then just put the “@” sign in front of the names. It will not work. â™«â™ª
If you do this correctly, each page name will appear in blue text once published.
Need help with tagging? Click HERE for visual examples created specifically for this contest and other help from around the web.
â˜¼ Second, copy this page’s URL from your address bar on your browser and paste what you have copied in status update that you began in step one.
â™«â™ª Want to see how all of this will look when you finish? Click HERE. â™«â™ª
â™ For Twitter users
Â» Tweet the following:
This week @honesttunemag is giving away some awesome stuff. Today’s goods from @treyanastasio Jen Hartswick & @iamvanghost | http://bit.ly/S47LkN | #Traveler
If you do this correctly, each page name mentioned will appear in blue text once tweeted (as shown in the image below)
Need more help with how to “mention” others (by placing the @symbol in fromt of their twitter name] or with Facebook tagging? Just want to be sure that you are doing it right? Click HERE.
5) Fill out the brief entry form below, or if you would prefer, head HERE to fill it out.
Rules & Eligibility
1) All of the entered names will be collected from the survey site and pasted into a computer generated random name picker. All of this will be videotaped so that nobody can cry foul. To see examples of us using this tool, click here. If we are lucky, maybe we will bump into Col. Bruce and get him to draw names out of a beer pitcher again.
2) The deadlines for entry for each days’ giveaways are as follows:
Wednesday, 10/17/12: Deadline- 10/24/12 at 11:59PM CST – Warren Wednesday
Thursday, 10/18/12: Deadline- 10/26/12 at 11:59PM CST
Friday, 10/19/12: Deadline- 10/27/12 at 11:59PM CST
3) For any contest that has tickets involved, such as Warren Wednesday did, the winner will be announced the following day. Other winners will be announced within 7 days from the entry deadline.
1) Only entries that conform to ALL of the specifications outlined in â€œHow to Enterâ€ will be considered.
2) No previous or current Honest Tune editor/staff may enter
3) Contributors (senior and otherwise) may enter.
4) Only one entry per person/ per â€œprizeâ€ will be allowed and IP Addresses are logged on the survey site.
5) Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and from within the continental United States.
6) All applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry and may be required to prove age prior to prize being sent, particularly in cases when an album may contain explicit lyrics or when concert or festival tickets are being offered.
*** See Fine Print
This contest is solely the responsibility of Honest Tune and no purchase is necessary to win. Enrollment in any site is not mandatory, albeit preferred. In a case where a prospective entrant would like to enter without subscribing to a 3rd party site, he/she may send a postcard with information asked for in the official web entry form. ONLY postcards will be accepted and any envelopes will be discarded immediately upon receipt. In no case shall Honest Tune use any information provided by entrants to any second or third party. Information may only be kept for internal database and may be used for future emails directly and solely related to interest for which this site is categorized and only regarding interests expressed solely by Honest Tune. This contest is not affiliated with nor is it endorsed by any artist , band, group or venue featured or any other representatives, promoters, owners or management thereof. In each case, an agent of each has been notified of these proceedings as a courtesy, or in response to a promotional giveaway that may or may not be included in this offer. Odds of winning depend solely on number of entries. The winner will be contacted via his/her email address and must respond to the contact within 72 hours. If no response is received, it shall be deemed that winner wishes to forfeit his/her prize. All entries must be received from within the United States. Rules & eligibility requirements may be changed with or without notice within the first 72 hours of the contestâ€™s launch. After 72 hours, any changes will be posted via Honest Tuneâ€™s Twitter or Facebook account. All entries must be submitted via the above listed criteria and Honest Tune reserves the right to disqualify entries based solely on its discretion and upon an entryâ€™s lack of conformity to the standards outlined above. Postcards should be addressed exactly as follows: Contests c/o Honest Tune-Online 1 Independent Dr. Rainbow City, AL 35906. Prize Values will be listed within 60 days of contest closing due to the ongoing nature of this contest. Any questions regarding this contest should be directed to the the contact option on the Honest Tune Home Page.