Here at Honest Tune, we know a little something about mixed reviews. Throughout a given year, we publish concert reviews, album reviews, festival reviews and photo galleries from contributors across these amber waves of grain. Naturally, the majority are positive, some are negative and in rare cases, some are downright nasty. Such is the case with the holiday season.
There are those that cannot wait until all of the turkey is eaten so that they can go fight with all walks who show up at their local Best Buy, Target or Sears to save some dough. There are others who would rather spend the day playing Clark Griswold by trying to illuminate their entire street with multi-colored gaudy goodness. Then there are those who shop online out of obligation, may put up a tree or Menorah for the kids’ sake and simply cannot wait until things return to normal — when Wal-Mart is once again a ghost town at three in the morning and there isn’t a Grinch cop on every corner who simply cannot wait to give you that ticket on your morning commute. Then there are the real bah-humbug types.
Well, you are all in luck. What we have here is something for all types. Whether you are a lover or a hater of the holiday season, our friends in Cornmeal feel your pain and joy. In other words, this Cornmeal Holiday Special is for you. And even if it is not, the free stuff that we are giving away definitely is.Â
So sit back, relax, watch and listen as Rex-A-Vision and Honest Tune present A Cornmeal Holiday Special… and don’t forget to peruse the contests that may help you get off cheap this year or give you a keepsake or experience all for you.
Rex-A-Vision & Honest Tune present:
A Cornmeal Holiday Special
For more on Cornmeal, visit www.CornmealInTheKitchen.com
And now for the next piece of Honest Tune holiday spirit….
Over the last year, we have been gathering items with one thing in mind, a holiday giveaway. We also cleaned out a closet with you in mind. Well, the time has come so have a look at what is currently under the Honest Tune tree waiting for you (if you are lucky enough to be randomly picked) to come and snag your prize.
The Goods (See Below for Rules and Eligibility):
Rather than uploading photos of the goods, we are going with a simpler approach this time. Simply click on the link and you will be taken to the entry page for the particular item.
Signed CDs and Albums
Signed 8×10 Photos (All photos taken by David Shehi)
Signed and numbered by the author and: Allie Kral (Cornmeal), Tim Carbone (Railroad Earth), Matisyahu, The String Cheese Incident (all members), Albert Suttle, Brock Butler & John Hruby (Perpetual Groove), Keller Williams, Marc Brownstein & Aron Magner (Disco Biscuits), Michael Franti, Justin Perkins (Toubab Krewe), Warren Haynes, Grace Potter, George Porter, Jr., Lotus (all members), Stanton Moore, Mike Dillon & Marco Benevento (Garage A Trois). It also has some glitter on the cover thanks to a glittery gal at a festival.
Rules & Eligibility
How to enter:Â
1) Click on the links above and you will be taken to another site where you will fill out an entry form for the item that you would like to win.
How a winner will be chosen:
1) All of the entered names will be copied from the survey site and pasted into a computer generated random name picker. All of this will be videotaped so that nobody can cry foul. To see examples of us using this tool, click here, here or here. Unfortunately, we cannot get Col. Bruce to pick names out of a beer pitcher every time. We would be a lot cooler if we could.
2) The deadline for entry is Monday, 12/19/11 at 11:59 PM CST
3) Good Luck!
1) No previous or current Honest Tune editor/staff may enter.
2) Contributors may enter.
4) Only one entry per person/ per “prize” will be allowed and IP Addresses are logged on the survey site.
5) Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and from within the continental United States.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Q: One of the requirements to enter is that I have to “like” Honest Tune on Facebook or follow Honest Tune on Twitter.Â I am not a member of either one. What should I do?
2) Q: There are several things I want from the prize list. Can I enter for more than one?
A: You can enter for all of them if you are so inclined. Just be sure to fill out all of the entry forms correctly.
3) Q: I am not 18 yet. What should I do?
A: Get your mom to enter for you. Just be sure that your mom “likes” us on Facebook.
This contest is solely the responsibility of Honest Tune. Odds of winning depend on number of entries. The winner will be contacted via his/her email address and must respond to the contact within 72 hours. All entries must be received from within the United States. All entries must be submitted via the above listed criteria and Honest Tune reserves the right to disqualify entries based solely its discretion and upon an entryâ€™s lack of conformity to the standards outlined above.