In response to the recent earthquake and tsunami that the people of the northeastern part of Japan have endured JEMP Records is releasing "7/31/99, Field of Heaven, Fuji Rock Festival, Niigata, JAPAN" as benefit CD at & download at Phish Dry Goods and livephish.com to benefit Peace Winds America http://peacewindsamerica.org. 100% of the funds Peace Winds America collects for disaster relief will go to support operations through their sister organization, Peace Winds Japan. Relief operations began March 15th and are currently underway in Miuyagi Prefecture, where Peace Winds is on the ground providing food, clothing, medicines and temporary shelter to survivors of the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami.
7/31/99 was recorded by Paul Languedoc and mastered by Fred Kevorkian. We’d like to thank Fred and the folks at nugs.net and Music Today for donating their efforts to this cause.
Pre-order your limited edition CDs now, as we are only printing a small run of CDs. The expected release date of the download at livephish.com will be April 15th. The expected ship date of the CD from LivePhish.com or Phish Dry Goods will be May 10th.
1. My Friend, My Friend > (6:53)
2. Golgi Apparatus (4:33)
3. Back On The Train (5:46)
4. Limb By Limb (10:23)
5. Free > (10:18)
6. Roggae > (7:37)
7. Sparkle > (4:05)
8. Character Zero (9:47)
1. 2001 > (15:26)
2. David Bowie (25:03)
3. Wading In The Velvet Sea > (7:45)
4. Prince Caspian (10:37)
1. Fluffhead > (18:13)
2. The Squirming Coil (12:28)
3. Nawang Khechog Human Rights Speech translated to Japanese (0-8:27) >
4. Tibetan Universal Horn/Vacuum Jam w/ Fish > (8:27-15:15)
5. Brian And Robert (w/ Nawang Khechog on Flute) (4:41)
6. Simple (13:53)
7. What’s The Use?
- JAPAN RELIEF: All proceeds to benefit Peace Winds America
- Release Date: April 15
- CD Street Date: May 10
- Read essay by Phish Archivist Kevin Shapiro