This past weekend, we were all over the Hangout Music Festival like white on rice. In its second year, the festival saw a sold-out crowd grace its pristine beaches for a weekend of music, diversity, and friendship. However, there was one thing that could not escape our mind as sounds of guitars intermingled with and splashed up against those of laughter and celebration. That one thing was the recent devastation that the host state of Alabama had recently endured at the hands of Mother Nature.
The outbreak of tornadoes over the latter part of April claimed over 300 lives and destroyed homes across the state of Alabama. Many of the families affected were left without simple necessities in life: food, clothing, shelter, etc.
It was for this sole reason that amongst all of the hoopla at Hangout, we decided to enlist the help of some of our closest bands so that we could (in some small part) do what we could do help in a way that demonstrates the solidarity of our live music family.Â
We are working on doing something similar for our friends and family in the midwest.
After turning over the best way to sell these photos, we have decided to do the following:Â
1) If you would like to purchase any one of the photos or the backstage pass, you will need to email David Shehi at email@example.com
2) If you are the first one to ask to purchase a photo, David will let you know PayPal information.
3) Once paid, the photo or pass will be shipped to you by whichever method you choose.
The reason that we decided to do this in this manner was because all of the other ways would result in fees and in turn, less money would go where we are aiming to see it go.
Here is the list of what is for sale and the cost of each item (if you would like to donate more, by all means, do):
1) An All-Access Backstage pass from Hangout 2011 signed by Foo Fighters front man, Dave Grohl: $200.00… SOLD!
2) An 8×10 photo signed by Umphrey’s McGee’s Jake Cinninger: $40.00…Â Â SOLD!
3)Â An 8×10 photo signed by Umphrey’s McGee’s Brendan Bayliss: $40.00… SOLD!
4) A black & white 8×10 photo signed by Grace Potter: $40.00… SOLD!
5) A color 8×10 photo signed by Grace Potter: $40.00… SOLD!
6) An 8 x 10 photo signed by Matisyahu: $40.00…SOLD!
7) An 8×10 photo signed & doodled on by Wayne Coyne of The Flaming Lips: $50.00…SOLD!
EVERY PENNY THAT IS DONATED WILL GO TO THE ALABAMA RED CROSS SPECIFICALLY FOR TORNADO RELIEF
All of these photos were shot by David Shehi and each signature was obtained in-person by him while onsite at the festival. Any certificate that you need to attest to this will not be a problem.
**Once each photo is purchased, they will go out of circulation and you will own a completely unique piece of music memorabilia and have done a good deed to boot.**Â
Below are the galleries that contain the signed photos. The first gallery is of what the actual original photos look like. The second is of photos of the signed memorabilia. Because they were printed on metallic (for extra bling!), the beauty of the photo gets lost in the translation of “taking a picture of a picture.”Â
Click the thumbnails to view the photo gallery of the Original & Signed Photos/ Backstage Pass…