Free Yr Radio compilation to benefit indie stations

The Free Yr Radio (www.FreeYrRadio.com) campaign, created by Toyota Yaris and Urban Outfitters to generate awareness and support for partner independent radio stations, today announced the release date of the campaign’s benefit compilation album for January 27, 2009. 
 
The Free Yr Radio 2008 Benefit Compilation features tracks from bands that participated in this past year’s Free Yr Radio tour. All profits from sales of the compilation will be donated to the Free Yr Radio partner radio stations.  The compilation will be available exclusively at Insound.com for 99 cents, and buyers of the album will be encouraged to add a “tip” on top of the 99 cents as a way to donate more funds and show their support of independent radio. 

Album benefit compilation available at: www.Insound.com/FYR

The track list for the Free Yr Radio 2008 Benefit Compilation is:

01.  !!! – Must Be The Moon (Live at KEXP)
02.  Chairlift – At My Side
03.  Yeasayer – Final Path (Daytrotter Sessions)
04.  White Williams – Blue Steel
05.  Dan Deacon – Cave Birth
06.  No Age – Padded Chair
07.  Mudhoney – The Lucky Ones (Live)
08.  King Khan & Saba Lou – Past and Gone
09.  The Secret Machines – The Walls Are Starting To Crack (Live at KEXP)
10.  The Walkmen – In The New Year (Live)
11.  Tokyo Police Club – Your English Is Good (K-Os Remix)
12.  Jamie Lidell – Rope of Sand (Live at Austin City Limits)

The participating Free Yr Radio stations from the 2008 campaign include Ohio.FM in Columbus, KVRX in Austin, KRCL in Salt Lake City, WPRB in Philadelphia, KIWR in Omaha, WERS in Cambridge, KEXP in Seattle, The Current in Minneapolis, KUSF in San Francisco, KUCI in Irvine, WVUM in Miami, and WVKR in New York.  These stations will split 95% of the profits, with the other 5% being divided among the Free Yr Radio alumni stations from the 2007 campaign. 

Each aspect of the Free Yr Radio campaign is designed to give partner independent stations tools to build awareness and help raise additional funds from their listener communities.  Partner stations co-host free concerts as a means to increase exposure, gain new listeners, and generate support. The campaign also enables each participating station to award a brand new Toyota Yaris to one listener during their fundraising or awareness-boosting activities.  The final component of the Free Yr Radio campaign is the benefit compilation album. 

“We’re excited to wrap up another successful year of the Free Yr Radio campaign with such a unique collection of music from the bands that joined in the mission to support non-commercial radio,” said Keith Dahl, National Marketing Manager for Toyota.  “By purchasing this compilation consumers will not only get exclusive new music, but will directly benefit the partner independent radio stations that are such a vital part of the music community.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *