Next weekend, an event that started as little more than a bonfire with some kegs will celebrate its tenth installment.Â
Manifestivus was born from the mind of Toubab‘s David Pransky, years before he teamed up with his current Krewe. Held annually on his family’s vast piece of land in rural Vermont, the event prides itself as being an event that sheds light onto music from all corners of the world –Â leading National Geographic to coin it as an event that “manages to punch above its weight.”
But Pransky doesn’t want for people to just look at the lineup when considering Manifestivus. Rather, he prefers that people hear about the vibe that, year in and year out, is the story that is told by those who attended the festivities… err festivuties… whatever.
With workshops on instrument building, daily yoga, late night DJs in the woods, artisans galore or a petting zoo and face painting for the children, the event is a celebration of community, sustenance and art.
It is for all of the above reasons and more that we are proud to present this edition of “FREE FESTIVAL FRIDAY,” offering you (yeah, you) the chance to enter to win two free tickets to the event*.
On top of that, we are offering those who want to take things a bit further a chance to be entered to win twice!
What you are playing forâ€¦
2) The same GRAND PRIZE winner will walk away with a $25 iTunesÂ® gift card.
3) One “runner-up” winner will walk away with a downloadable mp3 copy of Toubab Krewe’s TK3 from Amazon.Â®
How to Enterâ€¦
â†“ TO EARN YOUR BONUS ENTRY, SEE BELOW â†“
â˜¼ â†’Â Log into your Facebook account and type the following as your status: I just entered to win tickets to @Toubab Krewe’s Manifestivus from @Honest Tune Magazine. If you do it correctly, it will look like this:
Â [click image to enlarge]
â˜¼Â â†’Â Head to the top of this page and click the Tweet button — see below to know what you are looking for up
there — (be sure that you are logged into your Twitter account before you do). Follow instructions from there.Â
Â â–º Note: you can do both of the above but you will only receive one extra entry. â—„
Rules & Eligibility Requirements
1) All of the entered names will be copied from the survey site and pasted into a computer generated random name picker. All of this will be videotaped so that nobody can cry foul. To see examples of us using this tool, click here. If we are lucky, maybe we will bump into Col. Bruce and get him to draw names out of a beer pitcher again.
2) The deadline for entry is Tuesday, 8/14/12 at 16:59 AM CST.
3) The winners will be contacted immediately, so keep an eye on your inbox.
1) Only entries that conform to the specifications outlined in â€œHow to Enterâ€ will be considered.
2) No previous or current Honest Tune editor/staff may enter
3) Contributors (senior and otherwise) may enter.
4) Only one entry per person/ per â€œprizeâ€ will be allowed and IP Addresses are logged on the survey site*.
5) Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and from within the continental United States.
*excludes those that follow steps 2 or 3 under “How To Enter.”
Frequently Asked Questions:
1)Â Q:Â If I win and realize that I cannot attend, can I give my tickets to a friend?
A:Â Yes, but you must notify us by Wednesday, 8/15/12 at noon CST. Otherwise you will be out of luck since no actual ticket will be issued and name changes will not be allowed at the event’s Will Call.
2) Q: What if I already have tickets to Manifestivus and am entering to save some cash?
A: Well, since we are not organizing the event, there is no way that we can answer that question with any degree of certainty. If what you are asking is “Can I get a refund?” then the answer is “no.” If you are asking “Can I sell my current tickets and use won tickets for my personal admission?” then that will depend on whether or not you have actual tickets and any contractual agreement that you entered into when purchasing the tickets from the event.
3) Q: What is the weather like at this time of year in Vermont?
A: Seriously? Let me Google that for ya.
Honest Tune: Live Backstage & Unplugged at The Festy w/ Toubab Krewe
*The fine print: This contest and its management is the sole responsibility of Honest Tune, not that of Toubab Krewe, Manifestivus, iTunes, Amazon or any representative thereof. Amazon is a registered trademark of Amazon Inc. iTunes is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Any and all costs associated with the event (included but not limited to: gas, lodging, other travel expenses, food, parking,Â rolling papers, beer, etc.) will be the responsibility of the winner. In other words, the winner will be given tickets or a free download and the rest is up to you. Honest Tune reserves the right to (at its sole discretion) disqualify entrants based upon lack of conformity to the entry process or other ineligibility as described in â€œEligibility Requirements.â€ Tickets are not transferable unless in accordance with terms contained herein. Odds of winning are based upon number of entries and the total value of each prize is 155.00 (Grand) and 9.95 (runner-up).
â€” Honest Tune Magazine (@HonestTuneMag) August 10, 2012