What can we say? We simply love giving stuff away and do so as much and as often as possible. While giveaways are fun in and of themselves, we like to participate in ones that mean something to us as well. This said, we have definitely got one for you that means just as much to us as it probably will to you.
For the past two years there has been a lot to celebrate in the Phish community. First and foremeost, the guys are making music together again and have recently announced the first leg of 2011 summer tour. On top of that though, Trey Anastasio has toured with Classic TAB and written a symphony and Mike has released two albums, The Green Sparrow and most recently, Moss. Mike is currently on his second tour in support for the latter with band members Scott Murawski, Todd Isler, Craig Myers, and Tom Cleary.
Cactus has just wrapped up a thorough bassing of the south and Honest Tune was on the scene in Nashville. We did not come back empty handed. Rather, we returned with not one, but two pieces of memorabilia to give to you, or readers, who give this whole journalistic endeavor its purpose.
1) One winner will walk away with a limited edition poster (#33/75) signed by the Cactus himself. To go with it, we snagged the 2nd set’s setlist, though it is not accurate.Â Let’s just say that the art of improvisation has been anything but lost by Gordo’s quintet and setlists serve as more of a guide with these skilled plyers. Regardless, it would make for an amazing addition to a framed piece on your wall.
2) The other winner be given a signed copy of Mike’s latest recorded endeavor, the aforementioned Moss. The album that he/she will receive is pressed on 180 gram clear vinyl. It truly is a beauty. Since it might be wise to keep this one off of your turn table, there is also a code for a free mp3 download included with the record.
How to Enter
1) “Like” Mike’s Facebook page (if for some strange reason you haven’t already) then log on to Honest Tune’s Facebook page to tell us your “best/most memorable Cactus experience” as a comment in the OFFICIAL CONTEST THREAD. Anything will do… from the first time you heard the bass intro to “Down with Disease” to chatting with Mike on his bicycle at Oswego to your favorite hotline message or best read from Mike’s Corner from Doniac Schvice.Â If this doesn’t work, submit your best IDEA in tribute to the final track on Moss. Seriously, just tell us something.
2) The contest will end on 3/27/11 at 11:59PM EST, the day after Mike closes out this current run at South Burlington’s Higher Ground.
3) As with the Keller contest and the Jam Cruise contest, all names will be put in a box, hat, or whatever is handy and the winners will be announced via a YouTube video on this channel and via Facebook.
In the meantime, we hope you are all enjoying getting BASSED from coast-coast.
Â The Contents/rules of this giveaway are purely the responsibility of honest tune.
it is not endorsed or sponsored by Mike gordon, rounder records, phish, or phish inc.