We are pleased to announce a great contest and opportunity for our readers. One lucky and talented reader will soon have a fine new addition to his/her wall: A signed poster from Phil Lesh and Friends’ Spring 2001 tour.
Known as PLQ, the Phil Lesh Quintet (2000-2003) is regarded by many to be one of the best post-Grateful Dead ensembles. Consisting of Jimmy Herring, Warren Haynes, John Molo, and Rob Barraco, this unit was also the only Phil & Friends lineup to produce an album, There and Back Again.
We are excited for whoever walks away with this poster.
The Nitty Gritty Contest Rules and Entry Guidelines
1) Each entry should be accompanied by an essay on the applicant’s “Best Phil Moment.” This broad topic can run the gamut in regards to moments. In other words, it could be about a single show moment, a tour, a chance meeting with Phil, or anything in between, beyond, or “Furthur.” It should be 1200 words or less. It is “your” moment, so feel free to be as creative as you can possibly be.
Â 2) The deadline for entry is New Year’s Day, 1/1/11
3) Only one essay/entry per person so choose your moment wisely.
4) There will be only one Grand Prize Winner
How a Winner will be Decided
1) All entries should be turned in to David Shehi, Live Music Content Editor, at email@example.com
2) Entries must include a title, name, contact information, and release for publishing
3) A panel of Honest Tune staff will vote on the entries. The panel will not know who wrote each entry.
4) The winner will be announced on Honest Tune’s Facebook Page
5) The winner will be notified by email by 1/8/10
What the Winner will Get
1) The signed poster
2) His/her written essay may be published as “Featured Content” on Honest Tune’s website.Â Only the winning entry will be published.
Please post any questions on The Official Phil Lesh Contest Thread on Honest Tune’s Facebook Page. Questions submitted via email will not be answered.
Â Good Luck and Happy Holidays from all of us at Honest Tune!
(Disclaimer: This contest is not endorsed or sponsored by Phil Lesh, Phil Lesh & Friends, or Grateful Dead Productions Inc.)