Due 6/26/12: ‘The Flaming Lips & Heady Fwends’ ft. Erykah Badu, Bon Iver, ES & MZ, Yoko, Jim James & many more
One of the most anticipated albums of the year, The Flaming Lips’ THE FLAMING LIPS AND HEADY FWENDS sold out instantly at retail outlets around the world when it was released on vinyl in honor of Record Store Day this past April 21st. Now, due to overwhelming demand, Warner Bros. Records will make the album available on physical CD and digitally via all digital retailers on June 26, 2012.
It’s no surprise that THE FLAMING LIPS AND HEADY FWENDS was among the Top 3 best-selling albums on Record Store Day, due to its collaborative nature with an unexpected array of Special Guests, its aesthetic beauty pressed into vibrant psychedelic rainbows of color (no two pressings alike) and the simple fact that The Flaming Lips deliver something special with each new release.
THE FLAMING LIPS AND HEADY FWENDS just may be their most adventurous recorded experience to date. The album contains the band’s unique and experimental collaborations with a diverse cross-section of heavy friends from every corner of the musical cosmos, including vocal and musical assistance from such disparate playmates as Yoko Ono, Nick Cave, Bon Iver, Ke$ha (pictured on the cover w/ Wayne Coyne) and many more. A new track recorded with Aaron Behrens of Ghostland Observatory is exclusive to the CD and digital versions and was not included on the vinyl edition.
THE FLAMING LIPS AND HEADY FWENDS: Track Listing
1. “2012 (You Must Be Upgraded) “(w/ Ke$ha, Biz Markie & Hour Of The Time Majesty 12)
2. “Ashes In The Air” (Featuring Bon Iver)
3. “Helping The Retarded To Know God” (Featuring Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros)
4. “Supermoon Made Me Want To Pee” (Featuring Prefuse 73)
5. “Children Of The Moon” (Featuring Tame Impala)
6. “That Ain’t My Trip” (Featuring Jim James of My Morning Jacket)
7. “You, Man? Human???” (Featuring Nick Cave)
8. “I’m Working At NASA On Acid” (Featuring Lightning Bolt)
9. “Do It!” (Featuring Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band)
10. “Is David Bowie Dying?” (Featuring Neon Indian)
11. “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” (Featuring Erykah Badu)
12. “Girl, You’re So Weird” (Featuring New Fumes)
13. “Tasered And Maced” (Featuring Aaron Behrens of Ghostland Observatory)
— Honest Tune Magazine (@HonestTuneMag) June 13, 2012