Please, for your sake, pay attention to everything you fill out and/or complete all steps in regards to what you are asked to do in order for your entry to be valid.
Wednesday | Day 1 of 5
What you are playing for…
Either of the following…
Â» One (1) new copy of the Gov”t Mule box set, The Georgia Bootleg Box Set (CD), that was released on October 12, 2012.
Â» Two (2) tickets to one of the following Gov”t Mule shows** (winner”s choice)
2) One first place winner will walk away with whichever prize the “GRAND PRIZE WINNER” opts out of.
How to enter…
This is a social media contest***. Therefore, there will be 2 steps that you will have to complete so that your entry will be valid. There will also be an optional third step that will gain you a bonus entry, should you opt to fulfill that obligation.
1) Log into your Facebook and/or Twitter account(s)
4) This is probably the most important part of the entry process and definitely the most often incorrectly done art. In the past there have been times that we have been somewhat lax. However, in fairness to everyone, this will definitely not be one of those times because as you will see over the next five days, the stakes are too high for this series of contests for us to stray from the rules and regs.
Please carefully review the next two sections and complete one or both of them.
â–º For Facebook users…
Â» Complete the following process….
â˜¼ First, type the following as your status on Facebook: I just entered to win Warren Haynes & Gov”t Mule goods from Honest Tune Magazine.
â™«â™ª Important: You must “tag” both Warren Haynes and Honest Tune Magazine. To tag, simply place the “@” symbol in front of the pages as you type. (ex. @Warren Haynes) â™«â™ª
If you do this correctly, each page name will appear in blue text once published.
Need help with tagging? Click HERE for visual examples created specifically for this contest and other help from around the web.
â˜¼ Second, copy this page”s URL from your address bar on your browser and paste what you have copied in status update that you began in step one.
â™«â™ª Want to see how all of this will look when you finish? Click HERE. â™«â™ª
â™ For Twitter users
Â» Tweet the following:
Everyday this week (Today-Monday) @honesttunemag will be giving away some awesome stuff. I entered for something from @thewarrenhaynes today! http://bit.ly/S47LkN
If you do #4 correctly, it will look like the below example when you finish. (See Image)
Need more help with how to “mention” others (by placing the @symbol in fromt of their twitter name? Click HERE.
5) Fill out the brief entry form below, or if you would prefer, head HERE to fill it out.
Rules & Eligibility
1) All of the entered names will be collected from the survey site and pasted into a computer generated random name picker. All of this will be videotaped so that nobody can cry foul. To see examples of us using this tool, click here. If we are lucky, maybe we will bump into Col. Bruce and get him to draw names out of a beer pitcher again.
2) The deadlines for entry for each days” giveaways are as follows:
This contest”s deadline is 10/26/12 at 11:59PM CST
Trey Wednesday“s deadline isÂ 10/27/12 at 11:59PM CST
Jimmy Herring Friday“s deadline is 10/28/12 at 11:59PM CST
3) For any contest that has tickets involved, such as Warren Wednesday, the winner will be announced the following day. Other winners will be announced within 7 days from the entry deadline.
1) Only entries that conform to ALL of the specifications outlined in â€œHow to Enterâ€ will be considered.
2) No previous or current Honest Tune editor/staff may enter
3) Contributors (senior and otherwise) may enter.
4) Only one entry per person/ per â€œprizeâ€ will be allowed and IP Addresses are logged on the survey site.
5) Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and from within the continental United States.
6) All applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry and may be required to prove age prior to prize being sent, particularly in cases when an album may contain explicit lyrics or when concert or festival tickets are being offered.
** Winner is responsible for all travel fees, to include but not be limited by hotels, parking expenses, food, gasoline, other ancillary expense, etc. The winner will only receive complimentary entry to the show specified and NO NAME CHANGES will be allowed. “Entry” does not necessarily mean “ticket.” It may mean “guest listing” or other means of entry. In other words, don”t enter if you already know you cannot go. Lastly, entry to event(s) based upon winning entitles winner to a place in the venue and does not imply a “great seat” though it very well may be; it also does not imply “press, photography, other media or backstage access or privileges unless otherwise stated as such.
*** See Fine Print
This contest is solely the responsibility of Honest Tune and no purchase is necessary to win. Enrollment in any site is not mandatory, albeit preferred. In a case where a prospective entrant would like to enter without subscribing to a 3rd party site, he/she may send a postcard with information asked for in the official web entry form. ONLY postcards will be accepted and any envelopes will be discarded immediately upon receipt. In no case shall Honest Tune use any information provided by entrants to any second or third party. Information may only be kept for internal database and may be used for future emails directly and solely related to interest for which this site is categorized and only regarding interests expressed solely by Honest Tune. This contest is not affiliated with nor is it endorsed by any artist , band, group or venue featured or any other representatives, promoters, owners or management thereof. In each case, an agent of each has been notified of these proceedings as a courtesy, or in response to a promotional giveaway that may or may not be included in this offer. Odds of winning depend solely on number of entries. The winner will be contacted via his/her email address and must respond to the contact within 72 hours. If no response is received, it shall be deemed that winner wishes to forfeit his/her prize. All entries must be received from within the United States. Rules & eligibility requirements may be changed with or without notice within the first 72 hours of the contestâ€™s launch. After 72 hours, any changes will be posted via Honest Tuneâ€™s Twitter or Facebook account. All entries must be submitted via the above listed criteria and Honest Tune reserves the right to disqualify entries based solely on its discretion and upon an entryâ€™s lack of conformity to the standards outlined above. Postcards should be addressed exactly as follows: Contests c/o Honest Tune-Online 1 Independent Dr. Rainbow City, AL 35906. Prize Values will be listed within 60 days of contest closing due to the ongoing nature of this contest. Any questions regarding this contest should be directed to the the contact option on the Honest Tune Home Page.