It has been quite the year for our friends in Greensky Bluegrass, the quintet from Kalamazoo, MI. Beginning with Jam Cruise 9, Greensky has done nothing but show sustained growth as they have toured extensively, hitting numerous major music festivals along the way. Success hasn’t come easy for theÂ guys who have been at it for over a decade, but with the release of their latest studio offering, Handguns, it seems that the ensemble has finally pushed through to the well-deserved “other side.”
In reference to Handguns, Honest Tune‘s Jeff Green wrote thatÂ it proved “the bandâ€™s ability to flow seamlessly as a single unit, and incorporate a variety of elements from different musical forms.” It truly is an instant bluegrass classic with songs ranging from humorous to downright introspective. Further, it effectively accomplishes the difficult task of being a band that relishes in the road and being able to successfully lay down heavily road tested material and have it translate with seamless perfection to disc.
Back in September, Honest Tune‘s David Shehi and Rex Thomson spoke to the guys in what turned into one of the most hilarious interviews we have ever published, and showed just how natural the band is and how their organic nature does not stop with music, but carries through into their relationships amongst each other. (Below: Watch the video interview, Listen to two streaming tracks from Handguns and Read the fine print)
To celebrate the success of Handguns that debuted at number 3 on Billboard’s Bluegrass Chart, we would like to invite you, yes YOU, to enter for your chance to win a copy of your very own along with a copy of 2010’s double-disc live album, All Access Vol. 2.
What you are playing for:
1) You are entering to win a copy of Greensky Bluegrass albums, Handguns & All Access Vol. 2.
2) There will be only one first place prize winner who will win both items.
How to enter:
1) After reading the eligibility requirements below, go here and enter.
How a winner will be chosen:
1) All of the entered names will be copied from the survey site and pasted into a computer generated random name picker. All of this will be videotaped so that nobody can cry foul. To see examples of us using this tool, click here, here or here. Unfortunately, we cannot get Col. Bruce to pick names out of a beer pitcher every time. We would be a lot cooler if we could.
2) The deadline for entry is Monday, 12/5/11 at 11:59 PM CST
3) Good Luck!
1) No previous or current Honest Tune editor/staff may enter.
2) Contributors may enter.
3) Only one entry per person will be allowed and IP Addresses are logged on the survey site.
4) Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and from within the continental United States.
Handgun Shootin’ w/ Greensky Bluegrass (Interview)
The Fine Print:
This contest is solely the responsibility of Honest Tune. Odds of winning depend on number of entries. The winner will be contacted via his/her email address and must respond to the contact within 72 hours. All entries must be received from within the United States. All entries must be submitted via the above listed criteria and Honest Tune reserves the right to disqualify entries based solely its discretion and upon an entryâ€™s lack of conformity to the standards outlined above. Total prize value: $30.00